Bandsaw Horsepower Calculator
The Bandsaw Horsepower Calculator takes the input field values and outputs the horse power and other output field values.
Input Field Descriptions
- Wheel Diameter (in): The outside diameter of the bandsaw machine wheel in inches.
- Tooth Pitch (in): The distance in inches from one tooth tip and the next tooth tip.
- Plate Thickness (in): The thickness of the saw body in inches.
- Tip Kerf (in): The width of the saw tooth at its outermost widest point
- Gullet Area (sq in): The area of the saw tooth in which the sawdust is carried.
- Wheel Speed (rpm): The speed of the bandsaw machine wheel in revolutions per minute.
- Depth of Cut (in): The thickness of the log or plank being cut in inches.
- Feed Rate (fpm): The speed of the saw as it travels through the log.
- Type of Wood: Type of wood: Spruce, Pine, Oak, Cedar, etc. Used to determine the specific gravity.
- Note: A note field up to 255 characters in length.
Output Field Descriptions
- Horsepower: The power required to lift 550 pounds one foot in one second or 33,000 pounds one foot in one minute. One horsepower is equal to 746 watts or 42.2 British thermal units per minute.
- Tooth Bite (in): Feed per tooth in inches. The distance each tooth advances into the log.
- Side Clearance (in): The distance that the tip of the saw tooth projects beyond the body of the saw.
- Rim Speed (fpm): The speed of the bandsaw blade at the outside edge.
- Gullet Feed Index: Volume of wood removed by one tooth.
- Print: Prints all input and output field values.
Note: All fields (excluding note) must contain a value to print.
- Save: Saves all input and output field values to the circular saw horsepower table, and then closes the Circular Saw Horsepower Calculator window.
Note: All fields (excluding note) must contain a value to save.
- Close: Closes the Circular Saw Horsepower Calculator window without saving.